FEATURED JOB OPENING: RANCH CARETAKER COUPLE – BAKERSFIELD, CA
Posted: 11/28/2017 – 7:07 pm
We are looking for a long-term couple to provide daily maintenance of a 143-acre private, family-owned ranch 30 miles North-East of Bakersfield. The property is a vacation retreat for owners and their grown children and family who do not live full-time on the property.
Caretakers must live on the property and be able to do general land and garden maintenance, handyman repairs, house and other building maintenance and cleaning and laundry duties. Caretakers are provided a separate recently constructed two-bedroom house in which to live on the property. (Couple must not have children living at home.)
· Landscape & Road Maintenance: tree trimming, brush clearing, orchard maintenance, and general upkeep; operate and maintain farm machinery, tractor, skip loader, chipper, chain saws, tools, etc.
· Water Management: maintenance of water systems including wells, pumps, cisterns, water line, irrigation, sprinkler, water storage tanks, and fire hydrants.
· Handyman: plumbing, electrical, general carpentry and repair work; building maintenance, equipment maintenance.
· Security: maintain security of gated property at all times.
· Owner’s Home: maintenance, cleaning; including laundry, linens, windows, and deep cleaning.
· Owner Assistance: housekeeping, laundry, assist in kitchen, drive to town to purchase supplies; assist owner and family with ranch activities when in residence.
· Any and all other ranch duties as needed.
· Experience with Horses and Cattle Required.
Skills & Qualifications:
· Must have landscape and road equipment operation/maintenance experience. Preference will be given to candidates who are mechanically inclined and have background and skillset working with a wide variety of tools, power tools, landscape maintenance tools, machinery and farming equipment, and experience servicing vehicles and maintaining machinery.
· Must be willing to be flexible with work schedule, which may include occasional weekends (for which comp-days will be provided). The job generally requires five days/week, 8-hours per day and night work is very rare.
· Must have good communication skills and communicate regularly with owners via text, email and phone. Must be dependable, honest, and trustworthy.
· Must be U.S. citizens or have valid working papers; have valid driver’s license and clean DMV report; provide work history and references, including phone numbers; pass a drug test/background check.
· We provide a private, recently constructed, two-bedroom, one-bath home on the property. The kitchen opens to an outside patio area, and the home includes DirecTV and Wi-Fi and gas/electric. In addition to providing housing, there is an annual salary of $28,000 – $35,000, depending on experience.
Contact Info/Resume Submissions:
Postal Address (to mail resumes)
Company/Organization: Turman Construction Company, Inc.
Street Address: 4301 Park Circle Drive
Postal Code: 93309
Local Applicants Only?:
No, all applicants welcomed.
Health Benefits Available?: